Date:   Mon, 19 Jul 2021 20:33:30 +0000
From:   Dexuan Cui <decui@...rosoft.com>
To:     Saeed Mahameed <saeed@...nel.org>,
        Leon Romanovsky <leon@...nel.org>
CC:     "linux-pci@...r.kernel.org" <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>,
        "'netdev@...r.kernel.org'" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        "'x86@...nel.org'" <x86@...nel.org>,
        Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@...rosoft.com>,
        "'linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org'" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [5.14-rc1] mlx5_core receives no interrupts with maxcpus=8

Thanks for the replies!

This is a bare metal x86-64 host with Intel CPUs. Yes, I believe the
issue is in the IOMMU Interrupt Remapping mechanism rather in the
NIC driver. I just don't understand why bringing the CPUs online and
offline can work around the issue. I'm trying to dump the IOMMU IR
table entries to look for any error.

Thanks,
Dexuan