Date:   Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:47:47 +0200
From:   Kristian Myrland Overskeid <koverskeid@...il.com>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: hsr/prp device sends duplicates to upper layers

Hello,

I am currently experimenting with hsr and prp. I have successfully
managed to set up a hsr device on two physical computers running
ubuntu 21.04.

I tested the setup by running a simple udp server on one machine and a
simple udp client on the other machine. The machines were directly
connected to each other with two network cables.

The udp client sent packets containing an incrementing int. On
reception, the udp server printed the int to the console so I could
manually check for duplicates.

It turns out that a bit more than half of the packets received by the
udp server is duplicates.

I tested prp with the same result.

I also tried to install nitrux on one machine and run the udp server,
but with the same result.

When testing prp, I captured all interfaces with wireshark.The file is attached.

I'm going off grid the next week, but am happy to follow up after that
if needed.

System info:
Ubuntu 21.04:
iproute2 version: 5.10.0-4
Kernel version: Linux 5.11.0-31-generic

Nitrux 1.6.0 :
iproute2 version: 5.13.0-2
Kernel version: Linux 5.14.0-051400-generic

Best regards
Kristian Overskeid

Download attachment "prp_capture_all" of type "application/octet-stream" (212076 bytes)