Date:   Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:51:55 -0700
From:   Martin KaFai Lau <martin.lau@...ux.dev>
To:     Wang Yufen <wangyufen@...wei.com>,
        Lina Wang <lina.wang@...iatek.com>
Cc:     bpf@...r.kernel.org, davem@...emloft.net, edumazet@...gle.com,
        kuba@...nel.org, pabeni@...hat.com, lina.wang@...iatek.com,
        deso@...teo.net, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [net 1/2] selftests/net: fix opening object file failed

On 10/11/22 2:57 AM, Wang Yufen wrote:
> The program file used in the udpgro_frglist testcase is "../bpf/nat6to4.o",
> but the actual nat6to4.o file is in "bpf/" not "../bpf".
> The following error occurs:
>    Error opening object ../bpf/nat6to4.o: No such file or directory

hmm... so it sounds like the test never works...

The test seems like mostly exercising the tc-bpf?  It makes sense to move it to
the selftests/bpf. or staying in net is also fine for now and only need to fix
up the path here.

However, if moving to selftests/bpf, I don't think it is a good idea to only
move the bpf prog but not moving the actual test program (the script here) such
that the bpf CI can continuously testing it.  Otherwise, it will just drift and
rot slowly like patch 2.

Also, if you prefer to move it to selftests/bpf, the bpf prog cannot be moved in
the current form.  eg. There is some convention on the SEC name in the
selftests/bpf/progs.  Also, the testing script needs to be adapted to the
selftests/bpf/test_progs infra.