Date:   Tue, 18 Oct 2022 10:57:00 +0800
From:   wangyufen <wangyufen@...wei.com>
To:     Martin KaFai Lau <martin.lau@...ux.dev>,
        Lina Wang <lina.wang@...iatek.com>
CC:     <bpf@...r.kernel.org>, <davem@...emloft.net>,
        <edumazet@...gle.com>, <kuba@...nel.org>, <pabeni@...hat.com>,
        <deso@...teo.net>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [net 1/2] selftests/net: fix opening object file failed

在 2022/10/13 9:51, Martin KaFai Lau 写道:
> On 10/11/22 2:57 AM, Wang Yufen wrote:
>> The program file used in the udpgro_frglist testcase is
>> "../bpf/nat6to4.o",
>> but the actual nat6to4.o file is in "bpf/" not "../bpf".
>> The following error occurs:
>>    Error opening object ../bpf/nat6to4.o: No such file or directory
>
> hmm... so it sounds like the test never works...
>
> The test seems like mostly exercising the tc-bpf?  It makes sense to
> move it to the selftests/bpf. or staying in net is also fine for now
> and only need to fix up the path here.
>
> However, if moving to selftests/bpf, I don't think it is a good idea
> to only move the bpf prog but not moving the actual test program (the
> script here) such that the bpf CI can continuously testing it.
> Otherwise, it will just drift and rot slowly like patch 2.
>
> Also, if you prefer to move it to selftests/bpf, the bpf prog cannot
> be moved in the current form.  eg. There is some convention on the SEC
> name in the selftests/bpf/progs.  Also, the testing script needs to be
> adapted to the selftests/bpf/test_progs infra.

hmm... if moving to selftests/bpf, the actual test programs also needs
to move to selftests/bpf, e.g. udpgso_bench_*, in_netns.sh, udpgso*.sh,
which may not be a good idea.

So, only fix up the path here.

Also fix up the bpf/nat6to4.o compile error as following:

     make -C tools/testing/selftests/net got the following err:
     bpf/nat6to4.c:43:10: fatal error: 'bpf/bpf_helpers.h' file not found