Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 08:16:11 -0300
From: Fabio Estevam <festevam@...il.com>
To: Tobias Waldekranz <tobias@...dekranz.com>
Cc: Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>, Vladimir Oltean <olteanv@...il.com>,
	Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>, Steffen Bätz <steffen@...osonix.de>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: mv88e6320: Failed to forward PTP multicast

Hi Tobias,

On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 6:34 PM Tobias Waldekranz <tobias@...dekranz.com> wrote:

> If possible, could you install mdio-tools and paste the output of `mvls`
> on your board from the two configurations above?
>
> Unfortunately, you will have to patch it to support your device. Based
> on a quick view of the datasheet, this should probably work:

I have installed mdio-tools with the suggested patch to support 88E6320.

Please find attached two tests with their mvls results.

Test 1: netconfig_PTP30s_mvls_test.sh
Test 2: netconfig_NOPTP_mvls_test.sh

The only difference between these two tests is that the second one adds:
ip link set dev br0 type bridge vlan_filtering 1

In the first case, PTP traffic is seen for about 30 seconds and then it stops.
In the second case, no PTP traffic is seen at all.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam

Download attachment "mvls.tar.xz" of type "application/x-xz" (1508 bytes)