Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 15:23:39 -0700
From: SIMON BABY <simonkbaby@...il.com>
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Query on sample configuration to test network trqffic between two different networks with dsa enumerated ports

Hello Team ,
This is a basic networking related test for testing DSA enumerated ports for traffic.

My requirement is .

I have eth0 as the  dsa master port ( cpu port ) and the slave ports are lan1, lan2 …. lan7 .

I have two PCs. One (PC1) connected to lan1 and the other one (PC2) connected to lan2.
 PC1 and PC2 are in different networks.
I have to long between PC1 and PC2 .
What changes are required at the system to route traffic between lan1 and lan2 . Do I need to configure a layer2 bridge or we could do with L3 routing ?

Regards
Simon