Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 10:52:24 +0100
From: Krisztián Pintér <pinterkr@...il.com>
To: Daniel Franke <dfoxfranke@...il.com>
CC: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Proposed timeline changes

another way to go is to reduce the submission requirements. as of now,
a reference implementation and a large set of test vectors, as well as
discussion on performance, optimization possibilities, etc are
required.

this might be problematic for a number of reasons. for example catena
is an abstract proposal, which is best discussed from theoretic
viewpoint. choosing the appropriate inner hash function is not
crucial, therefore could be skipped for now.

the development time for any reference implementation that is actually
functional is a hassle. it has to be thoroughly tested and probably
reviewed by 3rd party, because a reference implementation with a bug
in it is not very useful.

so if time pressure is an issue, and it is, i recommend dropping or
easing this requirement.

Daniel Franke (at Sunday, January 5, 2014, 1:10:10 AM):