Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 16:25:59 -0500
From: Daniel Franke <dfoxfranke@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Proposed timeline changes

On 1/5/14, Samuel Neves <sneves@....uc.pt> wrote:

> I understand the reasoning behind allowing submissions to
> cross-polinate, so to speak, but I think that's outside the scope of a
> competition. Perhaps authors interested in doing so could present their
> works-in-progress and/or ideas on this list (or elsewhere) from now
> until the submission deadline.

Even if the deadline were extended through March and everybody had
their original submissions ready today, I don't think the remaining
time would be sufficient for such cross-pollination to occur. This is
why I think the restructuring is important. However, I'm fine with
postponing that part of the decision until March, like JP suggested.