Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:08:23 +0530
From: Jim Manico <jim@...ico.net>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] New password hashing entry: PolyPassHash

>  the password hashes, in my view, must themselves provide adequate security even when that secret key is compromised.

If we cannot depend on proper key management for high-risk, scalable systems then all hope and all crypto is lost. Why are key-based solutions for password storage like HMACs (in specialized circumstances) so frowned upon by some of the crypto community, when key management is fundamental to so many other aspects of secure systems?

With respect,
And •stoked• to see this work underway,
--
Jim Manico