Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:51:14 +0000 (UTC)
From: Teath Sch <teathsch@...lcity.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: State of Tortuga

First of all please don't bother with pseudo code until I get v1 out.

At these early stages, I know that I'll get away with murder when it comes to
"tweaks" due to the pragmatic nature of this competition.

Having said that, and in the interest of fairness to the well-prepared
entrants, I'm trying to be as conservative as possible with changes.

Here are what I propose be added to the wiki under "Strengths"...

* resistance to timing attacks
* variable input/output lengths
* no dependence on other primitives
* simple description (although this might not be obvious from the current
reference code)

v0 Weaknesses..
* fails basic randomness tests
* key scheduling is ad-hoc