Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 16:58:59 -0300 (BRT)
From: Marcos Antonio Simplicio Junior <mjunior@...c.usp.br>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] A review per day - RIG

Well, for the sake of clarity the idea of using reduced-round primitives is not ours either, but (AFAIK) came from "J. Daemen and V. Rijmen. A new MAC construction Alred and a specifi.c instance Alpha-mac. In Fast Software Encryption . FSE'05, pages 1.17, 2005."

In Lyra2, we basically adapted it to Blake2b .

BR,

Marcos.