Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:08:37 +0200
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Competition process

Earlier in January the panel agreed that Argon2 was too major a change
to be accepted as a "tweak". Actually the designers presented Argon2
as a separate algorithm rather than just a tweak of Argon1. It was
deemed that Lyra2's tweak was acceptable, OTOH.

I'm not saying that it's "fair" or that it's the best way to go,
whatever the criteria; I'm just reporting facts.

Personally I like Argon2 a lot, in part for its relative simplicity,
and wouldn't object to considering it as eligible if a critical mass
of panel members also approves. (Then I expect some other submitters
to complain that it isn't "fair".)

Let's see what other panel members have to say.