Date:	Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:37:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:	patnel972-linux@...oo.fr
To:	Jay Vosburgh <fubar@...ibm.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re : Re : Re : Re : Bonding : Monitoring of 4965 wireless card

Yes it's what i'm looking for. I don't understand how to change the arp_ip_target with the gateway, arp_ip_target is a module option.

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Jay Vosburgh <fubar@...ibm.com>
À : patnel972-linux@...oo.fr
Cc : netdev@...r.kernel.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 10 Janvier 2008, 0h26mn 38s

patnel972-linux@...oo.fr wrote:

>I mean that instead of arp test an ip in lan or else, i want it to
 test 127.0.0.1 but in order to do this it must go out and re-enter and
 then use wlan0 to go out.

    In other words, what I think you're saying (and I'm not entirely
sure here) is that you want probes to go to a remote node on the
network, and back, without having to actually know the identity of the
remote node (because, presumably, on a roaming type of wireless
configuration, your gateway and whatnot can change from time to time).

    Is that what you're looking for?

    That isn't available now, but might be straightforward to plug
into the address update system to keep the arp_ip_target up to date as
the current gateway as the gateway changes.  I haven't looked into the
details of doing that, but in theory it sounds straightforward.

    -J

---
    -Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, fubar@...ibm.com