Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 02:19:55 +0400
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: Tim Brown <timb@...-dimension.org.uk>
Cc: news@...uriteam.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re[2]: Medium security hole affecting DSL-G624T

Dear Tim Brown,

--Friday, May 4, 2007, 1:50:40 AM, you wrote to 3APA3A@...urity.nnov.ru:

TB> On Thursday 03 May 2007 22:13:15 3APA3A wrote:

>> This  vulnerability  for  D-Link  DSL-G624T was already reported by Jose
>> Ramon Palanco. See
>>
>> http://securityvulns.ru/Odocument816.html
>>

TB> However,
TB> as I also point out in the Solutions section, all of the issues you list were
TB> against major version 1 of the firmware.  We're now at major version 3 and
TB> directory traversal is still a problem.

Not exactly, read first link carefully:

Tested on D-Link DSL-G624T
Version: Firmware Version : V3.00B01T01.YA-C.20060616

Discovered by:

Jose Ramon Palanco: jose.palanco(at)eazel(dot).es

These firmware date is even newer than yours :)

TB> Secondly, the Javascript injection issue describe is as far as I
TB> know /entirely new/.  It's not a short walk to the point where these two
TB> issues alone could be use to compromise devices, irrespective of the firmware
TB> issues you also link to.

Jose  mentions  both  directory  traversal  and  3  examples of crossite
scripting.  Crossite  scripting examples are different from yours though
and require POST request. Your CSS is easier to exploit.

TB> Maybe, I'm hoping that by version 10 of the firmware in the year 2014, D-Link
TB> may actually manage to fix some of these reported problems?  Moreover, maybe
TB> they'll actually make it possible for researchers to report these things in a
TB> manner whereby they actually respond to the reports when contacted.  Not
TB> holding my breath though.

In  fact,  at least Russian D-Link support is very responsive to any bug
report,  but  it  seems  like  only  way  to get a response is to post a
problem on their forum.

--
~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/