Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:59:35 +0100
From: Tim Brown <timb@...-dimension.org.uk>
To: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...urity.nnov.ru>
Cc: news@...uriteam.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Medium security hole affecting DSL-G624T

On Thursday 03 May 2007 23:19:55 3APA3A wrote:

> Not exactly, read first link carefully:
>
> Tested on D-Link DSL-G624T
> Version: Firmware Version : V3.00B01T01.YA-C.20060616
>
> Discovered by:
>
> Jose Ramon Palanco: jose.palanco(at)eazel(dot).es

Fair enough I stand corrected but it's been there since 1.something, so either
way it's not new.  I shall be more careful to read responses in future :).
To categorically state what I mentioned in the original advisory, "I do not
make any claim to having discovered the directory traversal first, I simply
want the bug fixed".

> Jose  mentions  both  directory  traversal  and  3  examples of crossite
> scripting.  Crossite  scripting examples are different from yours though
> and require POST request. Your CSS is easier to exploit.

Exactly.  Although SF is now attributing BID 23802 (my XSS) to Jose as well :)

> In  fact,  at least Russian D-Link support is very responsive to any bug
> report,  but  it  seems  like  only  way  to get a response is to post a
> problem on their forum.

So it seems, and there lies the problem, the UK forum at least does not
function in either Firefox or Konqueror.  I like vendors who respond by email
and I like vendors who respond[1] quickly even more :).

[1] such as our alternate discussion
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb@...-dimension.org.uk>