From: rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com (Rainer Gerhards)
Subject: JAP back doored

> Why is the state of Germany trojanizing applications which
> may be run by
> anyone on the planet?
>
> How is it they believe they have a right to trojanize someone
> outside of
> Germany?
>
> This is blatantly illegal in just about every country outside of
> Germany.  Literally.

Hey, who invented the DMCA and other such nice stuff. While I disagree
with some of the legal movements (especially in Germany), it may be wise
to think over the big picture before finger-pointing... The US are
*very* good in forcing others to follow their legislation, so it might
not be too wise to critize this in the US first....

Unfortunately, all countries (including US in this case) seem to follow
the chineese approach in "free Internet" in recent times. Ah, well, and,
yes, I have to admit that Germany (at least the state of
Northrhein-Westfalia) is sometimes leading this movement ;)

> Are they trying to set a precedent for other countries to follow?
>
> Or, do they believe they are superior to other countries, and they may
> invade at will?

Rainer