From: ebowser at i-trap.net (Eric Bowser)
Subject: Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and tr
	ansition planning

Maybe I'm being naive... can you define "BIG SHOPS"???  As I mentioned
before, I have 45 Slackware boxes in pops throughout the entire east
half of the USA...  I realize there are people running hundreds or
thousands of boxes, but I believe the small-shop mentality ends with 45
servers and only two admins to run them.  Efficiency and uptime are key,
just as in a "BIG SHOP."

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 01:29, Duncan Lindley wrote:
> > I have worked in BIG SHOPS thank you very much and you know what. BIG
> SHOPS - don't use Red Hat.
>
> I've worked in a few, they all ran/run RedHat. Occasioanlly some debian user
> would try to preach it to us, but then if your only willing to run
> <whatever> distro you certainly won't be welcomed on my team, I'm happy to
> work in a slackware or debian shop, as long as were all working the same
> way.
[SNIP]
--
Eric J. Bowser