From: cory at onryou.com (Cory Donnelly)
Subject: Re: Security Watch Essay

Cael Abal wrote:
> roberta bragg wrote:
> | Here's an opportunity to be heard by a number of security interested
> | people, many of whom, don't subscribe to this list:
>
> Just a heads-up to anyone considering responding to this call for
> submissions:
>
> The 'MCP' in 'MCP Magazine' stands for 'Microsoft Certified
> Professional'.  The blurb next to the first News entry found at
> http://www.mcpmag.com/security/ says this:
>
> "Microsoft Beefs up Online Security Offerings
> Perhaps no company in the industry is working harder than Microsoft at
> making sure the public knows what steps to take to secure its products."

Yet another heads-up -- essays by Robert Michael Slade and Martin
Levasseur made it into the MCP Mag newsletter entitled
'Security Watch: The Microsoft Security Debate -- Part One'.

http://www.mcpmag.com/newsletter/article.asp?EditorialsID=260

Roberta's response is late -- Keith Ward said he'd post it February 23.
  I wonder if he decided to postpone it because of Aucsmith's "We have
never had vulnerabilities exploited before the patch was known,"
comment?  The BBC article doesn't say exactly when that keynote speech
was made.

Heh.  I'd be pretty embarassed too.  Ward said:

"[S]o much criticism of Redmond on the topic of security is, I believe,
ill-informed."