From: luke at normanonline.co.uk (Luke Norman)
Subject: Re: Addressing Cisco Security Issues

Whilst I can see your point, when you have an exploit for which there is
a widely-published vulnerability publicly available, would it not be
easier to simply offer the software to those who want it. I know that if
the next time an apache vuln came out, I had to contact someone at
apache to get them to give me the update so that I could stop my server
being vulnerable, I wouldn't be very happy. If there are publicly
available exploits, there should be publicly available patches.
Luke