From: eric at piteduncan.com (Eric McCarty)
Subject: [Ring-of-Fire] IE is just as safe as FireFox

First off, this is 100% PR bullshit. The guy has never run Firefox,
Opera, or anything other than IE. So he might as well say "According to
this piece of paper the PR people gave me, IE is as secure as any other
Browser".

The reality of the situation is that IE is not secure for the average
home user. I would never let my internet-naiive mother use Internet
explorer, that would be like blindfolding her and telling her to cross a
freeway.

The other reality is that for the seasoned IT Professional, IE is just
as secure as Firefox. Why?, because we don't click on fake citibank
adds, we don't download screensavers, pr0n or anything non-business
related and we click install whenever WindowsUpdate tells us to. Out of
the box neither IE or Firefox is without flaw, we can all admit that,
but any properly educated user will do fine with either so-long as they
use the internet responsibly.

Don't sleep with hookers if you don't want AIDS, it's as simple as that.

Eric