From: dufresne at sysinfo.com (R. DuFresne)
Subject: RE: [Ring-of-Fire] IE is just as safe as FireFox

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Eric McCarty wrote:

> First off, this is 100% PR bullshit. The guy has never run Firefox,
> Opera, or anything other than IE. So he might as well say "According to
> this piece of paper the PR people gave me, IE is as secure as any other
> Browser".

Or he read and was citing <perhaps without reference?> Michal Zalewski's
<lcamtuf@...ttot.org> recent paper and release of browser testing tools
that many developers are now employing in the A&D?  Zalewski's recent
seems to support the hypothosis.  This does not  undermine the idea that
M$ in making explorer keyed into the OS at such core levels that it
weakens the whole structure of the OS itself though <all to own and retain
market share>.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

...Love is the ultimate outlaw.  It just won't adhere to rules.
The most any of us can do is sign on as it's accomplice.  Instead
of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet.
That would mean that security is out of the question.  The words
"make" and "stay" become inappropriate.  My love for you has no
strings attached.  I love you for free...
                        -Tom Robins <Still Life With Woodpecker>