Date: Thu Sep 29 00:18:33 2005
From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: Suggestion for IDS

--On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 09:48:36 -0700 Kevin Pawloski
<kpawloski@...il.com> wrote:

> Does the Tipping Point appliance allow you to create custom rules now?

Yes, for some definition of "rules".  For example, you can block individual
host/port combos or ports or hosts, that sort of thing.  But if you're
referring to rules like snort rules, which allow you to get really
granular, not that I'm aware of.  Of course, I'm not TP CLI guru either.
It has a cisco-like cli that might allow you to do a great deal more than
what we've been doing through the mgmt console.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member