Date: Mon Oct  3 18:37:39 2005
From: chromazine at sbcglobal.net (Steve Kudlak)
Subject: Careless Law Enforcement
	Computer	ForensicsLacking InfoSec Expertise Causes Suicides

I have been following this in the background because a number of my
friends who got zapped in the high tech spindown out here in California
have ended up in computer forensics and datamining because that's what
gets money these days. Some are happy and some are a bit concerned. I am
currently disabled and on good days I get the feeling I want to jump
back in and on bad days I sleep to 3pm.

It would be interesting to look at these questions from an international
perspective. I am sure there is some manoevering around by say the
"Anti-Sex Tourism " Task Forces to see if they can get things done in
the most sympathetic areas. Right now much of the prosecutions happen in
the US because the US Federal Government has a lot of power.  Federal
Prosecution often proceeds by sort of getting a bunch of warrants, going
seizing someone's property then looking into everything they could have
possibly done wrong and threaten the person involved and thenoffereing
them a deal where they become a convicted felon for something. This is
what happened in the case of US Artist Steve Kurtz who was going to be
charged with bioterrorism and it is now down to questionable mail fraud.

If things proceed like this it is good to know this is what might be
contributiing too with the fruits of one's labours. So it would be good
to look into this stuff and find how it actually works, although yes it
would have to be from an international perspective. Speaking of France I
mean the US has always been trying to get Roman Polanski back on US soil.;)

Have Fun,
Sends Steve