Date: Wed Dec 28 16:15:07 2005
From: csahuquillo at homer.shacknet.nu (Carlos Sahuquillo)
Subject: Fortinet's fortigate 100 devices

Hello bro,

- I noticed that the system has got HA functionality. It appears to be
very similar to the way in which VRRP works. However it does not state
that its actually VRRP (licensing issues perhaps). Does anyone have any
feedback as to how good the fail over/fail back/ redundancy issues are
on these devices?

I have experience with Fortigate 60 and Fortigate 500 (and any other
Fortinet products like Fortilog, Fortiguard, etc). The HA functionality is
impressive, is working perfecty in my devices (Fortigate 500) in fail over
mode. Be careful with 'device priority' because is different to other
suppliers, the default priority is 128.

I am wondering with Fortinet products, I like so much in prize and
efficiency. It is powerful in Content Inspection, but I think that is not
the best solution for antivirus (today, 28th December, the most updated file
for antivirus is from October) however you can use it for a first scanning
and use another antivirus in your mail server.

--
Carlos Sahuquillo
"Orko" en el IRC-Hispano