Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:28:57 -0500
From: Stephen Mullins <steve.mullins.work@...il.com>
To: Gregor Schneider <rc46fi@...glemail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: UK jails schizophrenic for refusal to decrypt
	files

What exactly do you expect the Brits to "vote from the rooftops" with?
 They can't even legally own pointy pieces of metal.  Do you expect
them to throw chip buttys and pints of ale down at the police state
thugs holding automated rifles?

This is a defacto ban on civilian use of encryption technology, that's
all it was ever intended to be.  After all, who wants to spend several
years in prison for forgetting a password?  This falls under the
mentality of, "if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to
fear."

Britain is a lost nation from the human rights perspective.  Luckily,
their problems are not our problems, yet.