Date:	Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:33:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:	"Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@...y-dragons.com>
To:	Linux Kernel Maillist <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: MPT Fusion LSI22320 ,  Domain validation loops .

 	Hello All ,  I am have been having this problem since I purchased the
controller and after changing out the disks I thought were the problem .
 	I am still getting the continous :

mptscsih: ioc1: attempting task abort! (sc=f7a64500)
scsi 3:0:4:0:
         command: Inquiry: 12 00 00 00 60 00
mptbase: Initiating ioc1 recovery
mptscsih: ioc1: task abort: SUCCESS (sc=f7a64500)
  target3:0:4: Domain Validation detected failure, dropping back
  target3:0:4: Domain Validation skipping write tests
  target3:0:4: Ending Domain Validation
  target3:0:4: asynchronous
  target3:0:5: Beginning Domain Validation
mptscsih: ioc0: attempting target reset! (sc=f7a64380)

 	The acutual device id's change and the driver continously resets the
busses & starts all over .

 	The disks are in a HP DS-SL13R-BA 4354R 14drive ultra3 racKmount cabinet
w/ dualbus & dualps ,  Which seems to present a ID6 ,  That does not show up in
any of the bus scans .

 	Now I have previously had the same cabinet with 18gb disks which had the
same problem with this controller .  BUT I also have a LSI Logic / Symbios
Logic 53c1010 66MHz Ultra3 dual SCSI bus Adapter which works flawlessly with the
18gb disks in this very same cabinet .
 	The cables for connecting the adapter(s) to tha cabinet are less than 24
inches in length .

 	Would anyone please shed some light on what it is I am doing wrong or
need to do or ....?  Too have this controller recognise these disk drives in
this cabinet .

Here is the WHOLE enchalada .  Too big to put on the list so I posted them to my webpage .

http://www.baby-dragons.com/linux-2.6.20.2a.config
http://www.baby-dragons.com/filesrv1b-MPTFusion-problem.log

 		Tia ,  JimL