Date:	Thu, 3 May 2007 23:00:56 +0200
From:	"Markus Rechberger" <mrechberger@...il.com>
To:	"Manu Abraham" <abraham.manu@...il.com>
Cc:	"Mauro Carvalho Chehab" <mchehab@...radead.org>,
	linux-dvb@...uxtv.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...)

On 5/3/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@...il.com> wrote:
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Enough. Let's stop arguing non technical issues.
> >
> > If either one of you have any technical argue against the Trent's
> > patches, please point where the fix is wrong. Otherwise, if you wish,
> > you may send an acked-by agreeing with the fix.
> >

> Why don't you stop this childish behaviour ?
>
> After explaining to you the reasons in the previous mail:
> being the author and maintainer of dst/dst_ca and maintainer of
> dvb-bt8xx, i NACK this change
>
> (1) You aren't DVB maintainer

I've seen that too often already, now we could point to a mail someone
sent to Uwe regarding maintainership.

You wouldn't be better at the moment, Mauro at least aknowlidges the
work of others.
I don't know what problems you have with Mauro I heard that there have
been some mails between you and some other developers as well and the
whole situation is just terrible.
If you want to change the whole situation, think about what you can do
for improving the whole situation even if it means that you have to
work with people you don't like.

> (2) one shouldn't make such judgement calls on somebody else's driver
> unless it falls within your own maintainership

I wrote what I'd like to see from you, it would be a start if you
could work on that first.

Markus