Date:	Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:55:22 -0600
From:	Jeffrey Merkey <jeffmerkey@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Fwd: EXT3 File System Corruption 2.6.34

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeffrey Merkey <jeffmerkey@...il.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: EXT3 File System Corruption 2.6.34
To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@...deen.net>

REPLY TO ALL

CONFIG_EXT3_DEFAULTS_TO_ORDERED is not set

Whether set this way or not, should not see corruption.  I am seeing
data corruption including the following:

/boot/grub/grub.conf getting filled with binary chars
/root/.viminfo filled with strange text chars (not binary)
.o files filled with the same garbage.

Looks like EXT3 meta data -- maybe some blocks getting transposed somewhere?

I will recreate the data patterns I see during corruption and post
here.  They are consitent with some sort of fill pattern -- at least
what I see in
viminfo is.

In the case of corrupted .o files, the endian headers are missing and
trashed in the OBJ section headers -- chances are the same kind of
garbage.

Jeff