Date:	Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:11:05 +0100
From:	"Sylvain GENEVES" <Sylvain.Geneves@...ialpes.fr>
To:	"oprofile-list@...ts.sf.net" <oprofile-list@...ts.sf.net>
Cc:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Oprofile bug ?

Hello,

I'm encountering unexpected behaviour with OProfile when the profiled
system is under heavy load : "BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request
at 0000000000004cc3" (full console message is attached).

I'm using a linux kernel 2.6.32 and both OProfile 0.9.6 from Debian
repositories and OProfile 0.9.7 from CVS on Intel Xeon E5440 harpertown.

It happens when I profile a webserver under heavy load, with some cores
disabled, and with the following event :
--event=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:1600000000000

I also use the --separate=all --callgraph=3 and my kernel has debug
symbols and frame pointers enabled.

Anyone has any idea on what is happening ?
Thanks,
Regards,
Sylvain
Download attachment "oprofile_bug_stacktrace" of type "application/octet-stream" (8743 bytes)