Date:	Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:30:17 +0900 (JST)
From:	Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@....ocn.ne.jp>
To:	lacombar@...il.com
Cc:	mmarek@...e.cz, sam@...nborg.org, linux-kbuild@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: kconfig: tristate choice with depender choice

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 00:26:25 -0500, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@...il.com> wrote:
>> confirmed.
>>
> actually, not that much. Your reduced testcase is missing a MODULES
> symbol to have modules enabled and have them show up in the final
> `.config'. If you add:
>
> config MODULES
>   boolean
>   default y
>
> then you end up with CONFIG_A=m in the `.config'.

Yes, so it is the problem.  I got CONFIG_A=m in .config from
CONFIG_A=y in defconfig.

> Now, I may have missed something.
>
> Do you have a situation where a MODULES symbol is present, enabled,
> but CONFIG_A=y still appear from CONFIG_A=m in the defconfig ?

I tested in this way:

1. Add this example to the end of drivers/char/Kconfig file.
-------------------------------------
choice
	prompt "choice list AB"
config A
	tristate "a"
config B
	tristate "b"
endchoice
choice
	prompt "choice list CD"
	depends on A
config C
       	bool "c"
config D
       	bool "d"
endchoice

2. Then run commands:

$ cp arch/x86/configs/i386_defconfig arch/x86/configs/test_defconfig
$ echo 'CONFIG_A=y' >> arch/x86/configs/test_defconfig
$ make O=../build test_defconfig
$ grep CONFIG_A= ../build/.config
CONFIG_A=m

---