Date:	Wed, 16 Jul 2014 22:01:35 -0400
From:	Nick Krause <xerofoify@...il.com>
To:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
Cc:	"linux-next@...r.kernel.org" <linux-next@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jul 16

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi Nick,

>> > See above ...
>>
>> There seems to be a few that are still succeeding for me that aren't for.
>> Would you mind testing some of them again to see if they are succeeding
>> with a gcc compiler that is newer then version 4.7.
>
> Please tell us exactly what you are testing: what kernel version, what
> compiler/binutils version.  The kernel is meant to be able to be built
> with gcc 4.7 (and some earlier) - barring compiler bugs, of course.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au

Absolutely , I am using the latest kernel rc from git. I am using gcc
4.8.3 and binutils 2.83.91.
In addition I am using  the default configurations as you are in less
I am doing it differently.
By the way xtensa-defconfig seems to fail because of binutils as I
discussed this with
the maintainers and they seemed to have tested it with a newer upstream binutils
then I am using and it succeeded it the linking failures I am seeing with it.
Cheers Nick