Date:	Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:01:15 -0800
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Martin van Es <mrvanes@...il.com>
Subject: Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 3:09 AM, Martin van Es <mrvanes@...il.com> wrote:

> Best I can come up with now is try the next mainline that has all the
> fixes and ideas in this thread incorporated. Would that be 3.19?

Yes. I'm attaching a patch (very much experimental - it might
introduce new problems rather than fix old ones) that might also be
worth testing on top of 3.19.

> I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Hey, so far nobody else has been able to pin this down either. It
seems to be very timing-specific, and it's possible (even likely,
considering DaveJ's adventures) that while you cannot trigger it with
3.16.7, it might be lurking there too, just not with the kind of
timing that can trigger it on your machine. Which would explain the
bisection trouble.

It would have been wonderful if somebody had been able to really
reproduce it truly reliably, but it seems to be very slippery.

                          Linus

View attachment "patch.diff" of type "text/plain" (4698 bytes)