Date:	Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:07:01 +0800
From:	"Wangnan (F)" <wangnan0@...wei.com>
To:	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...hat.com>,
	Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...mgrid.com>
CC:	<brendan.d.gregg@...il.com>, <daniel@...earbox.net>,
	<dsahern@...il.com>, <hekuang@...wei.com>, <jolsa@...nel.org>,
	<xiakaixu@...wei.com>, <masami.hiramatsu.pt@...achi.com>,
	<namhyung@...nel.org>, <a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl>,
	<lizefan@...wei.com>, <pi3orama@....com>,
	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL 00/32] perf tools: filtering events using eBPF programs

On 2015/8/31 21:59, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> Em Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 05:25:27PM -0700, Alexei Starovoitov escreveu:
>> On 8/28/15 12:05 AM, Wang Nan wrote:
>>> This time I adjust all Cc and Link field in each patch.
>>> Four new patches (1,2,3,12/32) is newly introduced for fixing a bug
>>> related to '--filter' option. Patch 06/32 is also modified. Please keep
>>> an eye on it.
>
>> Arnaldo, what is the latest news on this set?
>> I think you've looked at most of them over the last months and few patch
>> reorders were necessary. Is it all addressed ? All further work is
>> sadly blocked, because these core patches need to come in first.
>> I took another look today and to me patches 1-30 look good.
> I asked Ingo if he had anything else to mention about changelog format
> so that I could try pulling it directly, i.e. I need give it a last
> look, and this is not a per-patchkit cost, its just fine tuning that
> _should_ make processing subsequent patchkits faster, by pulling instead
> of me going thru each patch.
>
> But I disagree it "prevents further work", nobody has to wait for
> everything to get upstream to do work, anyway, it will be processed.

I think Xia Kaixu's BPF read pmu patch series is waiting for this.
Please have
a look at [1]. His kernel side patches has already collected by net-next,
and waiting for userside update.

However he is also waiting for net-next be merged, and currently we are
the only
user of that feature :)

[1]
http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1440672142-89311-1-git-send-email-xiakaixu@huawei.com