Date:	Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:30:28 +0200
From:	SF Markus Elfring <elfring@...rs.sourceforge.net>
To:	Jean Delvare <jdelvare@...e.de>
Cc:	Wolfram Sang <wsa@...-dreams.de>,
	devel@...verdev.osuosl.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	kernel-janitors@...r.kernel.org, linux-doc@...r.kernel.org,
	Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...6.fr>
Subject: Re: staging: ks7010: Rename jump labels

> I have a lot of other things to work on, of much greater interest (to me.)

This is fine.

Thanks for your feedback.

>>> Personally I see no value in such statistics.
>>
>> Do they indicate any code smells eventually?
>
> I have no idea what you mean, sorry.

How do you think about to take another look at additional views
around software development methodologies?

Examples:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_smell
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_metric#Common_software_measurements

Do you occasionally care about a length distribution for identifiers
(like goto labels) of up to 39 characters?

> You keep asking more and more from me.

I am looking also for further clarification based on your responses.

> May I remind you this is your "project" in the first place, not mine?

I invite also others to contribute to such a software evolution.

> If you have no idea what should be done,

I have got some ideas for changes. I am just unsure on how the corresponding
acceptance will evolve.

> or even whether anything should be done, then just move on to something else.

This can also happen.

> I have already expressed all my views on this topic

I guess that related information will be reconsidered later.

> and am not willing to say anything more about it.

I would interpret the suggestion "CodingStyle: Clarify and complete chapter 7"
in the way that your interest grew for a moment.
https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/7/25/207
https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg1195846.html

I am curious if you are going to contribute to the proposed improvement
a bit more.

Regards,
Markus