Date:   Tue, 14 Feb 2017 08:23:34 +1300
From:   Michael Cree <mcree@...on.net.nz>
To:     "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc:     bob smith <sfmc68@...izon.net>, rth@...ddle.net,
        ink@...assic.park.msu.ru, mattst88@...il.com,
        stern@...land.harvard.edu, j.alglave@....ac.uk,
        luc.maranget@...ia.fr, parri.andrea@...il.com, will.deacon@....com,
        linux-alpha@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Question about DEC Alpha memory ordering

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:09:31AM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 01:53:27PM -0500, bob smith wrote:
> > On 2/13/17 1:39 PM, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > > can real DEC Alpha hardware end up with both instances of "r1"
> > > having the value 1?
> >
> > I thought this question reminded me of something, so I found this:
> > > https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/memory-barriers.txt
> >
> > and I pasted in the content - David Howells is one of the authors and
> > maybe that is why the question sort of reminded me.
> >
> > Maybe someone has an update but this is what was said then.
>
> Well, thank you for pointing me to this, but my question was intended to
> check whether or not the words I helped to write in memory-barriers.txt
> are in fact accurate.  So if you have an SMP DEC Alpha system that you
> could provide remote access to, that would be very helpful!

I'm that guy with an SMP Alpha system who met you at Linux Conference
Australia after your talk on memory barriers.  I meant to get back to
you but tracking down a kernel bug and now a binutils/glibc bug has
got the better of my time.

Feel free to email me personally to arrange remote access to an SMP
Alpha system, preferrably with a GPG signed message.

Cheers
Michael.