lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:   Sun, 5 Jul 2020 17:08:10 -0400
From:   Jonathan Marek <jonathan@...ek.ca>
To:     Dmitry Baryshkov <dmitry.baryshkov@...aro.org>,
        linux-arm-msm@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     Andy Gross <agross@...nel.org>,
        Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@...aro.org>,
        Deepak Katragadda <dkatraga@...eaurora.org>,
        "open list:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS" 
        <devicetree@...r.kernel.org>,
        "open list:COMMON CLK FRAMEWORK" <linux-clk@...r.kernel.org>,
        open list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Michael Turquette <mturquette@...libre.com>,
        Rob Herring <robh+dt@...nel.org>,
        Stephen Boyd <sboyd@...nel.org>,
        Taniya Das <tdas@...eaurora.org>, Vinod Koul <vkoul@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: [RESEND PATCH v2 00/13] Enable GPU for SM8150 and SM8250

On 7/3/20 1:29 PM, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> On 03/07/2020 18:14, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
>> On 03/07/2020 18:08, Jonathan Marek wrote:
>>> On 7/3/20 11:03 AM, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
>>>> On 30/06/2020 00:17, Jonathan Marek wrote:
>>>>> This series adds the missing clock drivers and dts nodes to enable
>>>>> the GPU on both SM8150 and SM8250.
>>>>>
>>>>> Note an extra patch [1] is still required for GPU to work on SM8250.
>>>>>
>>>>> Changes in V2:
>>>>> * Added "clk: qcom: gcc: fix sm8150 GPU and NPU clocks" to fix the 
>>>>> newly added
>>>>>    SM8150 GPU gcc clocks
>>>>> * Added "Fixes:" tag to "clk: qcom: clk-alpha-pll: remove 
>>>>> unused/incorrect PLL_CAL_VAL"
>>>>> * Added yaml schemas to gpucc dt-bindings patches
>>>>> * Added "clk: qcom: add common gdsc_gx_do_nothing_enable for gpucc 
>>>>> drivers" and changed
>>>>>    gpucc patches to use it.
>>>>> * Removed CLK_IS_CRITICAL from gpu_cc_ahb_clk
>>>>> * Added missing rpmh regulator level for sm8250 GPU clock levels
>>>>> * Use sm8150/sm8250 iommu compatibles in dts
>>>>> * Add gcc_gpu_gpll0_clk_src/gcc_gpu_gpll0_div_clk_src to gpucc 
>>>>> clocks in dts
>>>>>
>>>>> [1] https://gist.github.com/flto/784f1aca761ebf2fe6c105719a4a04ca
>>>>
>>>> With your patches applied:
>>>>
>>>> [   56.751977] msm msm: [drm:adreno_request_fw] loaded 
>>>> qcom/a650_sqe.fw from new location
>>>> [   56.760166] msm msm: [drm:adreno_request_fw] loaded 
>>>> qcom/a650_gmu.bin from new location
>>>> [   56.768485] arm-smmu 3da0000.iommu: genpd_runtime_resume()
>>>> [   56.774196] PM: gpu_cx_gdsc: Power-on latency exceeded, new value 
>>>> 49531 ns
>>>> [   56.781730] arm-smmu 3da0000.iommu: resume latency exceeded, 
>>>> 462604 ns
>>>> [   56.799559] platform 3d6a000.gmu: [drm:a6xx_gmu_resume] *ERROR* 
>>>> GMU firmware initialization timed out
>>>> [   56.809260] arm-smmu 3da0000.iommu: genpd_runtime_suspend()
>>>> [   56.813062] msm msm: [drm:adreno_load_gpu] *ERROR* Couldn't power 
>>>> up the GPU: -110
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Do you have your branch published somewhere so I can see what 
>>> could've went wrong?
>>
>> I've applied your patches (this series + the extra one for 
>> gpu/drm/msm) on top of 
>> https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git 
>> branch integration-linux-qcomlt .
> 
> A trimmed down version: 
> git.linaro.org/people/dmitry.baryshkov/kernel.git branch sm8250-gpu-test
> 
> 

Hi,

I tried this branch, with only the sm8250-hdk.dts from my other series 
added (USB nodes removed as you don't have those in your branch), and 
the GPU starts up without problems.

Possible differences I can think of:

1) Different firmware version which behaves differently? These are the 
checksums for the firmware I have:

/lib/firmware# md5sum a650_*
f6536ba45c2f9f64ec31438217b6a027  a650_gmu.bin
897be740bed67deaa1943e9c36293165  a650_sqe.fw
00f1b291a2b30c98f05c25506e3f4761  a650_zap.b00
bec0f79c7c6f5b32254facf3c7e046c7  a650_zap.b01
35273e4135147a269076144a3051b498  a650_zap.b02
ce0dd1af27306eb341a01bda642f1c64  a650_zap.elf
09834955a8865073f6ee483f69a98b33  a650_zap.mdt

2) GPU revision is not 650.2 (the downstream driver had workarounds for 
bugs in the first revisions, which I didn't include in the upstream driver)

3) Something in the kernel config is making a difference. Here is the 
kernel config I used to test this: 
https://gist.github.com/flto/c6b1bc48abda6fb580a2f21c51039c81

-Jonathan

Powered by blists - more mailing lists