Date:   Sun, 10 Jan 2021 16:43:48 +0100
From:   Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@...afoo.de>
To:     Paul Thomas <pthomas8589@...il.com>,
Cc:     Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@...el.com>,
Subject: Re: dmaengine : xilinx_dma two issues

On 1/10/21 4:16 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 1:36 PM Radhey Shyam Pandey <radheys@...inx.com> wrote:

This got broken in "dmaengine: xilinx_dma: In dma channel probe fix node
order dependency"
<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=14ccf0aab46e1888e2f45b6e995c621c70b32651>.
Before if there was only one channel that channel was always at index 0.
Regardless of whether the channel was RX or TX. But after that change
the RX channel is always at offset 1, regardless of whether the DMA has
one or two channels. This is a breakage in ABI.

If you have the choice I'd recommend to not use the Xilinx DMA, it gets
broken pretty much every other release.

- Lars