Date:	Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:05:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
cc:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, nhorman@...driver.com,
	fweisbec@...il.com, billfink@...dspring.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, brice@...i.com, gallatin@...i.com
Subject: Re: Receive side performance issue with multi-10-GigE and NUMA

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * David Miller <davem@...emloft.net> wrote:
>
> > From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
> > Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:05:14 +0200
> >
> > > And the thing is, we are not rigid about these things in the
> > > tracing tree and if this was a good change we would not mind and
> > > you'd have my Ack. The problem is that it's a crappy change and
> > > that Neil is refusing to fix it. So please fix it,
> >
> > Thankfully, Steven Rostedt gave a much more useful and reasonable
> > response than you.
>
> I'm sorry you got that impression, but you are a maintainer yourself
> so you might perhaps understand it why sooner or later, if a
> maintainer's review does not get acted upon, one has to insist on
> clean patches in stronger terms.
>
> Unfortunately you took away the "do not apply the patch" option from
> me that could have avoided the stronger words and could have kept
> this discussion more polite.

I feel somewhat at fault here. Neil did give me a heads up on his project,
but his patches went out when I was getting ready for vacation and had
other priorities at the time. I could have brought up these issues before
Dave took them, and he may have taken them because I did not.

But this is all water under the bridge. Time to be more productive.

-- Steve