Date:   Tue, 26 Mar 2019 16:11:12 +0000
From:   Jonathan Lemon <bsd@...com>
To:     Maxim Mikityanskiy <maximmi@...lanox.com>
CC:     Magnus Karlsson <magnus.karlsson@...el.com>,
        Björn Töpel <bjorn.topel@...el.com>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
        "Eran Ben Elisha" <eranbe@...lanox.com>,
        Tariq Toukan <tariqt@...lanox.com>,
        "Saeed Mahameed" <saeedm@...lanox.com>
Subject: Re: New xdpsock sample

The rationale (IIRC) was that it would be easier for new users to
get started using AF_XDP by providing everything that was needed
by default.

Passing in XSK_LIBBPF_FLAGS__INHIBIT_PROG to the library will
bypass loading the sample program, so a user application may still
use the library with their own bpf program.

I'll admit that the change likely makes it harder to simply modify
the sample program for other uses, but that's not really the point
of the samples.
--
Jonathan