Date:   Mon, 30 Sep 2019 07:51:25 +0200
From:   Zoran Stojsavljevic <zoran.stojsavljevic@...il.com>
To:     Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: DSA driver kernel extension for dsa mv88e6190 switch

> The very last line is wrong.
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.4 up

Typo. It was fixed after few hours I created the gist.

> You should put the IP address on the bridge, not the master
> device eth0.
> ip addr add 192.168.1.4/24 dev br0

Noted. Thank you.

> FYI: ifconfig has been deprecated for maybe a decade?

I am an old dog, and old dogs could not be tough to new tricks. ;-)

This is why I always install on Debian additional net-tools package.

I guess, time to move to modern ip command.
_______

Please, please, keep me in the loop about DSA patches.

Many many thanks for advises/emails,
Zoran
_______