Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 10:19:52 +0200
From: Matthieu Baerts <matthieu.baerts@...sares.net>
To: David Laight <David.Laight@...LAB.COM>,
 Pedro Tammela <pctammela@...atatu.com>, Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>,
 Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@...il.com>, Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
Cc: netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, Anders Roxell
 <anders.roxell@...aro.org>, Davide Caratti <dcaratti@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: TC: selftests: current timeout (45s) is too low

Hi David,

On 14/07/2023 17:15, David Laight wrote:
> [...]

For the selftests global timeout, that would be great but with the
current architecture, it is not possible to do that because the value of
this global timeout is used when starting the different selftests, e.g.

  /usr/bin/timeout --foreground 45 ./tdc.sh

For the per-test timeout used in TC test environment -- currently at 24
seconds -- I guess it could be adapted like that but that's a different
topic.

Cheers,
Matt
--
Tessares | Belgium | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net