Date:	Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:33 +0100
From:	Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@...il.com>
To:	Andi Kleen <andi@...stfloor.org>
CC:	Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...radead.org>,
	Linux and Kernel Video <video4linux-list@...hat.com>,
Subject: Re: v4l & compat_ioctl

On 03/28/2008 12:25 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
> However the new standard way to do this is to not
> add new stuff into compat_ioctl.c, but define ->compat_ioctl
> entry points in the low level drivers (and ideally converted
> them to ->unlocked_ioctl too while you're at it)

Andi, the problem here is, that v4l has only open in fops which in turn changes
fops to the driver's one, so this would mean change all the drivers in v4l...

I second the converting to unlocked_ioctl and compat_ioctl in longer term (for
new drivers as a merging rule), but wouldn't be feasible to add them to compat
ioctl for now?